Friday, March 23, 2012

One Year Down & One to Go


A year come and gone.  Some say it has been so fast.  Ummm, not so sure about that.  Somedays it seems quick and others it seems longer than a year.  All I know it is truly worth the sacrifice to watch who he has become.  Amazing how you forget about yourself and think about others and watch the progress and love take over.  He's doing awesome.  He has made us so proud.  He's a wonderful son, and an even more amazing missionary.  We love you so much Elder Clayton!  Happy Hump Day!

 Right before he left, one last ride on the scooter!
Packed and ready to go.  All he needs for two years in three small bags. Good luck Bridger!
 A true tender mercy.  Greeted at the MTC by one of his buddies, Elder Rose.  
Made it somewhat easier leaving him in such familiar hands.


Telling Dad goodbye!
 One last hug, hope it will last for two years.  I still cry when I see this darn picture?!?

 Him and his companion, do they send them at age 12 when they are natives???
Love this boy/man!
Showing his fun personality as always.

McDonald's in Honduras, he says the fries taste them same.  They look the same!

 Another answer to prayers was this young man, Elder Peterson.  Truly a brother from another mother
The Peterson's whom we have grown to love and cherish through this entire experience.  One of the choicest blessings of Elder Clayton's service.

Two moms sharing the same experience.  Love Letia, she's so awesome.  I'm just certain we met in heaven and knew we'd find each other on earth.  It took our sons to get us reunited.  

What a difference a year makes.  I have a hard time sitting down to write my feelings without tears running down my face.  It has been a year full of faith.  Who knew that 20 years ago when they placed that little boy in my arms that I would indeed send him to a land to teach his fellow brothers and sisters what he learned all of his life.  When he was little I worried about him having friends to sit and eat lunch with, play at recess with and others being kind to him.  Now I pray for his safety, that people will be kind to him and that he knows how much we love and miss him here at home.  I sent a boy out into the mission field and I have watched that boy become a man.  I am certain he has experienced things he will not tell me about until his arrival back home.  But, with every fiber of my being I know what he is doing is true and right.  That it is making and molding him into the man he is to be for the rest of his life.  I couldn't be more proud.  I pray every day, several times of day for his safety and that he is well and happy.  With every email that comes I am assured that he is fine and pictures show he is happy.  For that I am eternally thankful.  I have had several tender mercies from a loving Father in Heaven that keeps assuring me he is in His hands.  

I am so looking forward to the next year.  They say it goes by faster, that I am hoping.  Although with his year coming to a close, it will bring us closer to sending Stetson out on his mission.  Thank you so much for following his journey and asking how he is doing and meaning it.  We have truly been watched over and protected for his service.  A sacrifice for all, and yet I wouldn't want him anywhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment