Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot, & Ghost Town for Holy Week


Chilis that Kill & Ghost Town

Hello Family
How was your guys semana santa...Holy Week alright down here thie week before easter is like the biggest holiday ever ever and it is the hottest times of the year anyways monday all good we went to dinner with the Zls with an investigator where she put chilis on our plate and they dared me to eat one and i did no big deal it was hot but ive had em before right theyre like tiny red ones then anderson does one and Diego like dies eating his haha so funny then Zavaleta wouldnt do it cause he said his mouth was sensative......ok anyways it goes on then they give me one thats green so not all ripe and has a ton of seeds i say alright and eat it... Worst Pain of my life!!!! I Burned from the inside out not even joking i drank like 8 cups of water i was sucking on ice it was a killer i burned my throat my throat so bad i talked wierd for like 2 days it was bad hahah but all good then tuesday we get up go to the gym where they tell us that after today its gonna be closed for a week since its semana santa..... man everyone is into this thing right so then wed normal day then thursday i wake up to see all the regular people in the streets when i see........NOONE everyone and everything is shut down hahah pulperias buses insane thats how it was until Today it finally returned today to normal so needless to say the work was a little slow this week haha on a good note we have baptisms that are set for this month we should end the month with 4 i hope anyways pres toldus we have to do 3 in outçr area por lo menos this month so i hope we can find the right people and help em the 14 this saturday we have a baptism for Cesar way tight guy has talked to like 6 different pairs of missionaries and finally accepted to get baptized to this will be cool. also we have a family to get baptized but the problem is her papers she comes up that she has been dead for 10 years so we gotta get that worked out jajaja gotta love Honduras Paperwork ah man what a headache but alright so thats whats up there. Hermana Elsa is still so bomb i freaking love her when we go to her house and she alawyas is like her take this and that its like soda and chips hahah so tight shes awesome. So ya that was about that for this week we went on divisiones for 3 days this week with the zls i went wth Anderson haah the guy is so tight Diego is way cool too though. Oh i almost forgot they do this thing here right caled dulces or sweets ok so lets just think about this sweets what are wçsweets candy bars suckers the normal right ok well sweets here for semana santa are a vegtable or fruit whatever you want it can be mangoe or can be like squash then you just soak it in honey`put it in a pot and steam it SWEETS huh they are hard to get down thats all i have to say. hahah bt ya.
Dang it sounds and looks like you guys has an amazing spring breAK IN the st jorge. looks way tight and cafe rio how good does that look right freak anyways what else did you guys do down there eat at the pizza factory or anything. Also Vegas haha so many people talk to vegas like its theyre dream place to go to win money haaha its funny and ya also i havent heard from checketts at all man hows he doin ive written him but ya. Me and Masen talk everyweek so thats tight love that kid so he seems good up in the PERU haha also i heard that kyle Johnson is home......do you know about that or anything. What is goin on these days in the MTC its a tight place but oh well hes a good kid he will go back i hope so ya hows everything else the Jazz good i heard the Bulls are Number 1 is that true oh and i saw this article about this LINSANITY this like asian dude who plays for the knicks is he legitor whats that about AND THE mITT Romney i can not tell you how many people talk about the dude in church with me.... and i dont know anything people are saying hes gonna win is that true what is up. man with that. anyways what else is new with everything hit me up with some random stuff i like ransçdom stuff love it

Here's my email to him this week:
Hello my son! How are you pal? I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Today we of course went to church and had a wonderful Sacrament Meeting. Jerry Seelos and Allen Bauer talked about the Savior. It was really a good meeting. And then in Relief Society Sister Sullivan gave the lesson and she showed a Mormon.org video of the Savior with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Come Thou Font of Every Blessing. It was such a wonderful thing to watch and very touching to see the Savior throughout his life and then suffer, but then the triumphant sounds of the choir and then Mary seeing Him at the tomb. Very awesome. I found myself thinking again of you and thinking how amazing the gospel is and how you were probably doing and discussing the exact same things. I love Easter. I love the promise of Spring and knowing that we will all live again, just like the Savior. Dad and I just got back from visiting the Checketts and our conversation turned to Quest. Remember how no one wanted to go and what an amazing and wonderful experience it turned out to be. I am so glad I was able to be there. However, if we get to do it again, I so do not want to be on the food committee. Too much work. Well, actually, I would do it again if we had a bigger kitchen staff...ha-ha.
As this week was Spring Break we did go down to St. George for a couple of days. It wasn't as warm as we would have liked it to be, however it was nice and Stetson and Caleb were able to swim each night in the outdoor pool. I was able to read a really good book about a gal who was in a terrible plane crash with her husband and was terribly burned. She is a member of the Church and has an amazing story of patience and faith. It was a great couple of days. We did miss you and realized next time we will have you with us. Hardly seems possible. We also were able to go to the new City Creek Mall in Salt Lake. Remember when they announced they would be doing that project and it was a 5 year project. I remember thinking that when it finished you would be on a mission and thinking it sounded forever away and now it's here. It is amazing. I am going to send you a few pictures of it. It really is so different than anything you've ever seen in our area. AMAZING!
Today was also a fun surprise. There is a show on each Sunday called Mormon Times that is after Music and the Spoken Word. They ask for people to send in pics of their missionaries and so I sent the picture of you in the raincoat, one of my all time favs. I got an email saying they were going to show it today and they sure did. My aunt Vickie called me and she just happened to be watching today and Brenda Mumford saw it too. It was a fun surprise and you look awesome in your picture. I was quite proud.
How are the investigators coming along? I have been praying for you and for them to listen and accept the message you are sharing with them. I hope they are doing just that.
I also went up to Letia's (Elder Peterson's) house this week and helped her start a blog for Josh and Jordyn. It was fun. Love his family. We looked at some pics from the MTC and I can't believe how much you've changed in the time you have been out. You don't look like a boy anymore. I am so proud of all you are doing as you serve in Honduras. You are truly being blessed and prepared for all that awaits you in life. These people love you as we do and it is awesome what you are accomplishing there.
I hope you have a wonderful week. I will be working today, but I'll try and get on and check when I can and hope I can at least say hey. I love you pal, please know how much we think and pray for you every day.
Stay safe & obedient. Loved you then, love you still, always have, always will...
Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment