Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miracles in Honduras, What a Great Week!

This was a wondeful week for Bridger.  He has patiently waited for a package from home and it arrived, safe and sound and all there.  He was able to hand out pez candy to the children and share in some of the things he has missed from home.  He told me it was like waiting for Christmas.  He also had a baptism and did more service.  After reading his email about digging a mote and as hot as it is.  I am certain he was preparing himself for this area as he worked so hard at NSL for three summers.  He's doing awesome, your prayers are felt and answered in his behalf.  We are so grateful for the love and support you give him and us as he serves.


 He broke his name badge and is waiting for another one.  That Winnie the Pooh sticker has real sentimental value to me. 
 Safe and sound and all there!!!
 Amazing what a bit of love and a package does for this boy!!!  Another on it's way soon!
 This sweet sister is Bridger's first baptism.  Maria Teresa is 65.  His companion Elder Velsasquez is in on the right of her.
 His first baptism!!!  Is it me or are they both beaming!!!
This is the other baptism that his companion preformed his name is Sami.
Enjoy...

Hola!!! How are you all doing dang it sounds like you guys had a sweet week I totally forgot it was Labor Day Weekend but thats chill no school today right. Haha the Petersons that night sounded way bomb where did you guys play miniture golf at

Swiss days Man you love that dont you mom thats awesome though i hope you had a great time what are you doing with the plaque and did you buy anything else speaking of plaques i freaking broke mine in half yesterday so im ordering a new one for my pocket as for now im wearing my one for my suit man it looks stupid but who cares noone is gonna see it but its good 

The carpet sounds good are yu carpeting the loft stairs too thats a question i have and mom 14 days with out soda heck ya thats so sweet i should rephrase the no soda thing we dont drink pepsi or coke stuff with caffiena we drink other soda like sprite i love fresca orange banana grape stuff i hated before i love it now go figure. And ah man 80 degrees lucky i kee thinking one day it will be cold here but hasnt happened yet still always in the 95ishs with ALOT of humidity.

And Boom totally received the package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANG that is exactly what i needed i was so stoked it was in perfect condition i loved it all all the food is gone of course it was amazing bueno with the PEZ i still have my winnie the pooh dispenser from the mtc so we filll it up and share it with the kids here so thats fun to do but no it was awesome thank you so much thank you thank you!!!!. Thanks for the obituary from grandma and Gabe too not gonna lie that is a pretty sad obituary to read i have his braclet tied onto my backpack cause i cant wear it on my wrist so im supportin him. Theres a litttle piece of him spreading the gospel here in Honduras its really a great reminder for me so thank you.

As for my week it really was a great one!!! Tuesday got my package haha then that night we went to a family we are teaching the familia Padilla we were there when lighting struck a tree like 50 feet away then started pouring pouring so we went in their house and prayed then were about to start a lesson when water started pouring in their house they have a house that well lets just say its not the best so me and Eldr Velasquez grabbed shovels and their pick ax and started digging a mote aroud the house ah man it was ridicouls i bet we dug for 30 mins just cause the mote kept filling with mud and putting water into the house ah man it was crazy. man what a night. 

Then on Friday i got to see one of our investigators Aami get baptized it was so awesome to see the change it was awesome then on Saturday i got to baptize!!!! A Lady named Maria Teresa what a great lady with a great family the family are all members and finally she listened to our gospel it was awesome to do and see she is a great lady!!! We also have others lined up for next week Hna Rakel and Fam Padilla!!1 so well see what happens wit that but thank you for your prayers can you see the influence they have really heavenly father hears you hears me and hears everyone its amazing. Amazing to have a prayer in my heart and see it be answered when i need it!!

Miriacules in Honduras la Lopez thats what i know so awesome.

So ya that was my bomb week we have found some other families as well so we´ll see what happens im so stoked i love being a missionary its hard but man what a payoff and ah just how awesome.

I love you all you are all the bomb i love you emails and Letters thank you for all of them by the way has anyone gotten my letters yet BETHANY BROWN i need someone to ask her if she has gotten the letters FB her or somthin if you can.

Thanks for everything package prayers support all i love you

Love Elder Clayton

My letter to Elder Clayton: 

Hello Pal:  How are you Elder.  Hope this finds you happy and well.  It's been a busy week although quite quiet this weekend.  It's Labor Day weekend and dad and Caleb went to Bear Lake.  Stetson had to work and so he and I stayed home.  Which to be honest is fine with me.  I was able to get some much needed cleaning done and just sleep in a couple of days. 

As you know last week we were headed to meet the Peterson's at Cafe Rio.  We truly feel like one of the choicest blessings of you servinga  mission is their friendship.  We all got our food and chatted just like old friends.  Then the boys went minature golfing and we met them at their house.  They have a beautiful home and it was fun to see that she has very similar taste to ours.  It truly feels like we have know them forever.  One of the most fun things was to look on their fridge and see pictures of you and Elder Peterson there.  I can't wait to officially meet him.  I sent you a picture of their fridge, fun right?   We have already planned a get together for October 10th and both Caleb and Stetson thought it was too far away.

On Wednesdy, Brent Ensign came to lay the tile in the entry way.  He told us Masen is just 6 months shy of coming home, unbelievable, right?  I guess it tends to fly by when it's not your family.  He set it on Wednesday, grouted on Thursday and sealed it on Friday.  It looks awesome. I'll send you a picture, but it will look even better at the end of this week when the carpet gets here.  This week will be busy as dad needs to pull up all the carpet so they can come on Thursday to lay it.  It's going to be a little bit chaotic this week and a mess, but all worth it.

How's the investigators coming along?  I hope someone is realizing the wonderful message you are sharing and wanting to embrace it and become a member.  Today it was fast Sunday and Ginny told of an experience where Ryan was able to witness a baptism in a lake near Buffalo.  He is doing well and feeling more comfortable.  I talked to Masen today at church.  I was hoping to have him go to Sunday School with me, but he was helping his mom do a sharing time about missionary work.  They took our map and placed markers of where the missionaries from our ward are serving.

Yesterday was Swiss Days and the one thing that I got was a plaque that reads, "Come What May and Love It"  what a great statement.  See when they start doing the vinyl lettering with a saying it's powerful.  It truly is a great statement and one we can all learn from.

With school starting the weather has already started to feel like fall.  It's been around 80 degrees the past couple of days and it seems perfect.  How's the weather there?  Still hot?  I so hope you send some pictures if you get a chance, I love seeing where you are and how you glow when you smile from ear to ear.

So, I've been 14 days without soda.  Can you even believe it???  So many times I have tried to quit and never seem to do it.  This time seemed easier for some reason.  I thought I should be able to do this since you had to give it up.  I am still hoping I get some type of benefit for doing so.

I will forward Brett's last email to you on Dearelder.com  He is doing really well and enjoying his mission.  Well the question that is certainly on my mind is did you get the package finally?  I so hope so.  As i pray for you I even pray that it will get to you and soon.  Do you need a new pair of shoes?  I will send you one like we bought at Mr. Mac's but do people usually send one shoe and then the other?  Please let me know if you want some and how they send them, or can you buy some there.  We can put more $$$ in your account if you need to be able to get some.  We want you to be comfortable.

Well, remember it's a holiday, so I should be able to be on again with you.  I so enjoyed that last week.  I feel very blessed when it happens.

Continue to be safe and obedient.

I love you so much son and look forward to hearing from you.

Love,

MOM



Tammy Ü


No comments:

Post a Comment