Friday, September 23, 2011

Boiled Green Bananas & the Answer to Survive Them

This is a great email.  He's doing well and understanding that even though struggles happen, he has faith and prayer to get him through.  He was on his way to play futbol with the kids in the area.  They are really good and he loves it.  Thanks for all your support and prayers.  It is felt and appreciated.

Enjoy...

Dang Whats up Family!!!!


Well ive been out here now for 6 months flip cant believe its nut but at the same time i feel like i was born in Honduras but then at times i cant understand word or what people are talking about and thats when i relieze oh ya im american...But its all good thanks fro the doughnuts in my honor that was sweet and i think the loraines was in my honor too right. But really thanks for all the support you give me letters package everything its amazing.

So an hour and 10 mins at the fair huh sounds amazing haha ya there are some losers at the fair huh haha Im glad the loft and everything got done and i guess im glad your keeping the love sac i guess i honestly thought while readind the email that you guys chucked it but nope guess not 

So then Mom wrote about tithing this week and how important that is freak yes its a huge blessing Pay that not joking the members here that are strong and pay their tithing nah there not rich and im not saying they dont have money problems either but you can really see that they are taken care of! There is a promise from pres hinckley about if you pay your freaking tiththing youll be blessed and get out of poverty its super true. Dont forget and pay that Dinero. But ya isnt it crazy how fast prayers can be answered if you believe and its needed answered boom so sweet that we have a Heavenly Father! Invetstigadores theyre coming along alright i guess always could have more but im working and ya. This week has been one of the hardest my entire mish it was so hard i have no idea why  but it was super rough. But i got through it so im good i dont know if it was the language comp i dont know im pretty sure it was just a million things all in one but its all good really thank you all for your prayers for me i can honestly feel them i can its real. I pray for you guys everynight and i hope you can feel them too and have blessings as well. Cambios are this week im staying and Velasquez is too so ya which its all good i was listening to my ipod the other day and listening to the song from forgotten carols its called what i need seriously dont know why but i loved it. And made me feel so much better but heck i just love music always have and its amazing how it can help you or inspire you make you feel better. I was thinking of the primary song about baptism. And the Line i like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain. Man i love to do that ya at times stuff sucks but you can always look at the good. Just like come what may and Love it.

Ah oh ya freaking utes im glad i dont have to deal with all the BYU tipo ridiculous but im glad that Caleb is a true U MAN thats how it should be.

So this week well taught some great familys and people just Go to freaking church and stop doing the things of crap in the world but theyre all good people so thats good. This week Velasquez was ticked at me or something so i found myself pretty quiet some days so that was a bummer but i would just pray in my head or think about spanish and stuff it was all good. I just love you guys. Nothing much has changed here this week we should have a Baptism for the familia Padilla well the kids the mom has a little problem with Ley of Chastity so ya........ But other than that we just gotta get our people going to church and feeling that this is the truth.

Oh so yesterday i had to give a talk in church after we got a call from the counsler in the bishopric at 10 o clock at night saturday but it was sweet i talked about missioin work but how we can apply it to everyone of our lives in church and our just normal life. I used seccion 4 form doctrine and convents and broke it down verse by verse not gonna lie it was pretty sweet 

Also so a couple times a week a member or two will feed us dinner ok one thing that is super harsh is green bananas boiled ahhhh there terrible so why i have suffered eating them i have come up with a solution and this is it so they give me food talk a bit and what not then when they leave the room i have a bag in my pocket heck ya i put that junk in the bag and put it in my pocket its an awesome answer. sO Velasquez saw what i was doing and he hates it too but he didnt have a bag so he just threw em in his backpack freaking chapin but got all his stuff super dirty and stunk so bad haha but ya its a good solution. So then also sat from a pulperia i bought a bunch of crackers tons cause we didnt want to eat at lunch and so we had a cracker feast where i think we ate about 30 a piece mmmm delicious haha .

But ya theres a laugh for you guys i hope anyways i love you so much well this is my 1st email so ill be on for a bit Love you ALL

Love Elder Clayton


On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM, <claytonmom@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Pal!  I hope this finds you well and happy as you are serving.  Happy Bump Day!!!  We celebrated by going and getting doughnuts at Parson's bakery and having one in your honour.  Can you believe you're 1/4 done with your mission?  You are doing an awesome job and we are all so proud of you.  I was a little worried about you this last week when I was chatting back and forth.  Please don't get frustrated with the language.  My goodness you've only been there for 4 months and your companion is speaking a language that is his own.  You're doing fine.  I did pray for you every day and night and even inbetween to have the gift of tongues as you were promised.  Obedience brings forth blessings and you'll get it.

I loved the pictures you sent.  I told everyone it was your true purse-anality coming out.  So glad to see you haven't changed!!!  I also got an email from Morgan saying she was able to be on with you.  She's such a great friend.  I told her to come around more so we can feel like you're here.  I hope she takes me seriously and comes over. 

This week has been a good one.  Monday night for FHE we decided to go to the Utah State Fair as Roger Beattie gave us tickets again.  And bonus we had tickets to the big slide, too. Remember that?  Well we got there about 6:10 p.m. and left about 7:20 p.m.  You might say we just felt like we didn't feel comfortable there.  I hope you got the pictures of Stetson and Caleb on the big slide.  They did a ride for you.  Then we packed up and headed for Lorena's for dinner.  We figured we'd rather eat there than pay the high prices at the fair and still be hungry.  We bought a couple of raspberry lemonade's which were really good but at $5 a piece I should say they should be, right?

We also finished carpeting the loft.  After doing the other stuff we couldn't see why not finish the job.  You know the "love sac", it really is not one.  It's just dumb, well coming down was no problem but getting it back up there was quite funny.  I will include a picture of that, too.  We all laughed so hard and wondering why we are even keeping it.  If it was a real love sac it would be a no brainer, but this one is ridiculous. 

Here's a little story on how quickly Heavenly Father answers our prayers.  Yesterday Caleb was paid for a month's mowing from Linda and the Chinese family.  $175, WOW, right?  I mentioned to him that it was important to pay his tithing and he made some dumb remark about how he didn't want to and you know typical Caleb fashion.  When I went to bed last night I prayed for Heavenly Father to somehow help me teach him the principal of tithing and it's importance.  Wouldn't you know that one of the speaker's topics of their talk was indeed tithing.  Wow, amazing how sometimes prayers are answered even quicker than we could have believed.  We talked about it at dinner and even though I know he isn't thrilled about it, he listened and knows what's right. 

How's the other investigators coming along?  Finding any new ones?  Transfers coming soon?  Will you be in this area for awhile? 

Michelle wrote a bit in Jared's blog about Gates and one of his friends coming into SpankyS and how touching it was that Gates friend feed him his sandwich.  What a true act of love and selflessness.  I often wonder how he's doing and then something like this happens and it is amazing something happens that answers my curiosity.

Well, I hope all is well and you're happy and healthy.  You look so awesome in your pictures.  I can't tell you how much good that does to my heart.  You look happy and that is all I can ask and pray for.

OH, almost forgot.  It was the BYU/UT game last night.  57 to 10, BYU.  It was insane.  The first 1.37 BYU snapped the ball and it went over Jake Heaps head, he tried to get it and fumbled it as he tried to throw, which put it behind him and in the end zone.  UT recovered and TOUCHDOWN!!!  It went down hill from there.  Funny thing, it was fun to go and do errands yesterday to see all the red and blue throughout town.  The UTES did not let us down, one of the best and worst games in history if you know what I mean.

That's why I sent the picture of Caleb to you he was dressed for the day.  He's funny and a true fan.

Well, I love you pal.  Hope you have a wonderful week.  I will try and be on today when you are, but I'm working today and sometimes I have patients and can't get on the email at that time.  I sure hope so, it makes me so happy to be able to chat with you.

Also, never be afraid or go without.  We are doing just fine.  Funny how things work out when you're doing the Lord's work.

Love you pal.  Be safe and obedient.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment