Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Love for Conference & A Trip to the Zoo

Hello Family

Well it was a week right but hey it was ok the week ended the best the best with Conf. ya im gonna admit conf was just like ok ya its a thing i watch every 6 months watch a sesh or 2 and ya its cool but this time really i was struggling i was thinking a million different things and really just praying for 1 of the talks could be for me and i could get something out of it. BOOM prayers are freaking answered fam i loved conference!!!! Every single talk mom mentioned the one from Elder Uchtdorf dang that was super sick i also really liked the Lady who was 2nd after scott cant remember her name but it was so bomb! AND PREISTOOD heck ya jefferey R holland how bomb was that talk seriously prepare for the battal play for the Lords Team its the only way you can freaking win ya that was so sick i loved it. And really i know that i am not alone im not i have the Lord and honestly you guys tooo you do not know how many times i am walking or thinking in my head and am like hey if my mom was here i would totally do this if stetson and caleb were here i would definitly do that...what would my dad do in this situation..and tons of other things thank you guys so much for all your love and support  your the best.

This week well we taught and ya honestly we really do not have very many people right now so its tough but were fighting through it.
Thats crazy that Masen is about to peace out for the mish i have it written down on my calendar already haha so thats sweet rightalso i cant believe you spilled water on your ipod freak mom what are you thinking thts super harsh.dn im glad youre not letting zoie on the new carpet does she still sleep all day .

Do you guys have any fun plans coming up hows school for stetson and Caleb whats new.

Really i love you guys so much and thanks for all your support youre the best thanks for doing the stuff i asked for and just everything you guys are the best i love you. Conf was so sweet Caleb and Stetson keep being examples of the believers like they said in conf so many times have fun and be the leader thats what its all about I love you Brothers

So today for Pday we went to Puerto Cortes and the Zoo it was pretty cool it rained so that kinda sucked but it was cool the ocean is super sick the zoo was super sketch city though haha freak i got some pics none of us got eaten by lions but close encounters with thses animals haha i Freaking love Honduras the people the expierence its super hard but i love it i know im here for a reason and its all good hard times will come but you just have to come what may and Love it really thats all we can do. LOOK UP always

Love you All a better email will come next week

Love Elder Clayton

And my letter to him:

Hello pal!  How are you this week.  I have to admit I'm so looking forward to hearing from you this week and hoping that things are better than last email.  I have thought about you none stop this week and prayed for you and your companion.  I think this is the most difficult part of all is not being able to talk to you and tell you how much we are praying for you and that things will improve.  What'd you think of conference?  It made me really feel like you were watching it right with us.  Was it great to see the sights of Temple Square and know exactly where they were.  Did you see John and Diana Brown.  And they sang Consider the Lillies.  You know that is my most favorite song they do.  Did you feel like there were so many talks directed to you.  I think the one that hit me the hardest was President Uchtdorf's talk.  You are not alone, or forgotten.  Although you may feel like you are alone, Heavenly Father knows you and the test you are experiencing.  Here's some excerpts from his talk that I loved:

"But even though man is nothing, it fills me with wonder and awe to think that 'the worth of souls is great in the sight of God,'" President Uchtdorf said. "Our Heavenly Father created the universe that we might reach our potential as His sons and daughters."


President Uchtdorf warned that Satan seeks to deceive the children of God by discouraging them and endeavoring to make them believe they have no worth and are forgotten by all, including God.
He related an experience he had while attending pilot training in Big Spring, Texas. Upon arriving there from Germany he found a small branch of the Church and began to help build the new meetinghouse. He spent his time attending training school, helping with the new meetinghouse and improving his English skills by fulfilling his call to serve as a teacher in elders quorum and Sunday School.
"At the time, Big Spring, despite its name, was a small insignificant, and unknown place. And I often felt exactly the same way about myself — insignificant, unknown, and quite alone," President Uchtdorf said. "Even so, I never once wondered if the Lord had forgotten me or if He would ever be able to find me there.
"I knew it didn't matter to Heavenly Father where I was, where I ranked with others in my pilot training class, or what my calling in the Church was," he said. "What mattered to Him was that I was doing the best I could, that my heart was inclined toward Him, and that I was willing to help those around me. I knew if I did the best I could — all would be well."
President Uchtdorf said God knows where all of His children are, no matter how humble their circumstances may be and that He uses "those who incline their hearts to Him" in His own way to fulfill His purposes.
"God knows that some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history," he said. "They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior's example and spend the days of their lives doing good."
President Uchtdorf invited the congregation to consider four divine principles.
"First, God loves the humble and meek, for they are 'greatest in the kingdom of heaven'" (See Matthew 18:1-4)
"Second, the Lord entrusts "the fullness of [His] gospel [to] be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world" (Doctrine and Covenants 1:23).
"Third, no matter where you live, no matter how humble your circumstances, how meager your employment, how limited your abilities, how ordinary your appearance, or how little your calling in the Church may appear to be, you are not invisible to your Heavenly Father. He loves you. He knows your humble heart and your acts of love and kindness. Together they form a lasting testimony of your fidelity and faith," he said.
"Fourth,... understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be." Individuals will not feel sorrow, loneliness, pain or discouragement forever and have been promised that God will not forget or forsake "those who incline their hearts to Him."
"Learn to love your Heavenly Father and become His disciple in word and in deed," he said.
"Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love," he said. "God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season. He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him."

Don't you just love that!!!  You matter to Him, and to us!!!  We want you to know that.  So many are praying for you and you are not alone.

I loved so many of the talks.  I loved the Elder Yashitmato who talked about missionary work.  How you are doing a wonderful work and people are waiting and being prepared for you and the message you will be bringing them.  I also loved the choir singing, "I am a Child of God"  If nothing else, remember who you are and that you're not alone.  He will get you through your hard times, I promise.  I love you so much pal, and please know that I am right there with you every step of the way.  You're doing a wonderful job and we are all so proud of you.

Well, now on to what's been going on this week.  It seems like nothing really that exciting happened but to you it may seem like big news.  I got your package sent and with lots of faith I sent it on it's way.  It's full of things I'm sure you'll be happy to get, but full of love more than anything. 

I did run into TJ the other day at Walker's.  I caved and bought a diet Pepsi.  I'm back on track again and trying to not drink it again, but for some reason it tastes so good and makes me happy.  He had so much good to say about you and said to make sure I tell you hello and that you are missed.  He did say they'd take you back when you return, but not sure if you'll want to.  but knowing they are missing you is big.

Fenn's are now winding down Masen getting ready to leave.  They took their family and went to a football game in Vegas of someone in their family is a coach for.  Wendy said she couldn't believe they were at this point and yet to me it seems as if he has had his call forever.  Eileen's neighbor got his call this week and leaves in February, so time does have a way of marching on.

I'm hoping to be on with you today, but have a full day of patients.  Dad will be though.  And today a cup of water spilled on my phone so at the present time, it is sitting in a container of rice hoping to dry it out.  It didn't really get too wet, but it was doing a couple of weird things so I put it in rice.  Who knew that would work.

Stetson downloaded the music on a jumpdrive rather than a CD.  It should work.  He did all the things you wanted and then we added a couple of new cd's I bought.  You'll love them. 

Have you thought about what you would like for Christmas.  I need to send it off pretty quickly so I know you'll get it.  How are your garments, your shirts, your shoes?  What size garments do you wear, I wrote it down, but not sure where I did because I can't find it now.

Zoie is doing well, it's funny with the new carpet I haven't let her in until it's time to go to bed and at first she would whine, but I think that if she knows we are right here watching tv she's ok.  She comes in and goes down and gets in her kennel.  The board that kept her in the backyard has been coming up and she has been getting out.  Funny thing she doesn't go anywhere, I think she knows that she has it pretty good here.  We fixed the fence and so things are ok and I don't have to worry about her.  She's a good dog.

Well, I hope this week has been better for your.  Things will improve, I'm sure of it.  You're learning things about yourself and life that will help you for the rest of your life.  I loved Elder Richardson saying his mission was the best two years FOR his life.  As your dad can testify, that is true.

I love you and pray for you always.  I so hope I'll be able to be on with you.  I have lunch at 1:00 so with luck you'll be on at that time.  Be safe and obedient and have a wonderful week.

WE love you and are so proud of you!!!  You're a wonderful son and missionary.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment