Friday, October 14, 2011

A Rather Short Email, and Something that Bites in the Night

This week's letter was way too short.  I guess it's better than not getting one, maybe.  Things look like they are progressing and he's loving his mission and area.  Hoping for a better and longer email next week.  Enjoy...

Its Cold huh dang i keep thinking that one of these days its gonna get cold but i dont think it will ever happen maybe a miricle but nah i dont think so Already snowed thats insane how old is brooklyn like 2 months right i think so anyways i cant remember. Thats sweet that the fall colors are changing though dad sent me a pic of bearlake looks so bomb. wHOOPS didnt mean to send that so the NBA are they gonna play no whats up thats kindda ridicoulous Meeting the Petersons thats super sweet tell em i say Hola salt city huh thats awesoem too Yes i wear my sandals all the time dont worry i wouldnt want to walk on the floor with out them oh freak two night ago somthing bit me in my sleep right i have no idea what it was but it was nasty all is good now though haha but for a minute there it was a little sketchy.But its all good.

This week we found absolutly no one it sucked and oh get this so we are now in charge of two wards so we do splits so im leaving my wward with a member and an investigador and all of a sudden theres a fight between the investigador this guy from the other ward what the heck was happening i have no idea we broke it up and they all went and talked in a bishops office but man it was different for a bit there i love this place they were fighting over a girl too so it was just that much more intense.

Man other thatn that its all the same have some good days have some crappy ones but its all good i hope you are all taken care of and have the things you want and need i love you guys so much Thanks for being my Family.

Love Elder Clayton

ps havent gotten your stickers yet one day thiugh hahah


And my letter to him...

 
Hello Pal!  How was your week?  The week here was not as eventful as some in the past but I'll catch you up and tell you what we all did.  First of all, it is so cold here.  Today was a beautiful day and really feels like Fall, but on Thursday and Friday it was 30-40 degrees.  It snowed in the mountains and hard to believe it's barely October.  It is going to warm up this week, but it definately is earlier than normal for being this cold.  We went up to Breann and Skylar's ward today where they blessed their little Brooklyn.  She's so cute.  Tons of hair.  I need to have her send me a picture and if I can get it today I'll send it to you.  Their church was the same time as ours so after having a get together at their house we decided to drive up through Morgan and around by East Canyon resevoir to see the leaves.  It was really quite pretty and funny how when we got to the top there was quite a bit of snow which looked strange to see the Fall colored leaves and snow on the ground, too.  None of us had our cameras so I can't send you a picture, darn it anyways. 

Now it's just been a lazy day at home enjoying the cooler weather and watching a little bit of football.  Update on the NBA, all preseason games have been cancelled and still waiting for a decision to be made.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a major day for the remaining season.  I'll let you know what happens for sure.

Yesterday we went to Dick's Market and ran into Beth.  She said she finally got a letter from you this week.  Wow, that took quite awhile.  She said she has mailed you at least three, so if you haven't gotten one there should be some soon.  Have you gotten any from me?  I sent you some with stickers in them a while ago and never heard if you got them or not. 

How's your companion?  Dad let me read the emails you sent him and you never really said what happened with the difficulties you were having.  Have they gotten better?  I sure hope so.  I pray for you so much and hope it is all working out.  Sometimes you have to have the bitter to appreciate the sweet.  Tomorrow we are going to dinner again with the Petersen's so I'll send you some pics.  We are meeting them at SCB.  Stetson is so excited.  He loves that place and really is making good money there.  He sometimes doesn't like working Friday nights, but then he comes home with good tip money and it seems like it is forgotten.

I started back at Four Pillar this week and am sore to prove it.  It seems to be the only thing that works for me and hoping this will help me break into a number that I have been trying for for a long time.  I thought of you yesterday as we were trying to find some fruit for Breann's today and the fruit seems to be done for the season.  No strawberries at Costco which is unheard of.  We ended up doing bananas and apples with caramel dip.  But realized how fortunate you are to have fruit at the taking, right?  What are you eating these days? 

We talked to Barbara Stevens yesterday who served in Paraguay and she said to tell you to make sure you wear your shower sandals, she used to have to pick worms out of her companions feet quite often, yucky, right?  I told her I thought you were always doing it and I didn't worry. 

I was talking to Cindy today, too.  Do you write in a journal?  Just wondering.  I hope so.  That will be so helpful, but we are keeping every letter and even printed the blog at six months which is awesome.  It was better than Christmas when I got it in the mail this week.

Well, I hope all is going well.  I hope to be able to talk with you while you're on, but if not that's ok.  Know that I love you so much and pray for you every day, several times.  You're doing a wonderful job and you look so great and happy.  Please send a couple of pics if you can since we will see the Petersen's tomorrow and they asked us to bring pics if we have some.

Love you son, things here are fine and we are all happy and healthy.  We are truly blessed from your service and sacrifices you are making. 

Mom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment